The 4-Hour Workweek is coming up on its 10th anniversary in a few years (insane), and the time is ripe for a killer companion. Therefore…
My next book will be a monstrous encyclopedia of success stories from readers of The 4-Hour Workweek. There are innumerable stories I couldn’t have predicted. Taking multiple companies to IPO? Getting to the Super Bowl? Building a seven-figure muse and traveling the world with a family of 3-7… as a single parent?!
That’s just the beginning. Now, I want to hear your story. And I want to put you in my next book.
If you don’t yet have a success story, keep reading and I’ll show you how to create one. I’ll also give you a benevolent kick in the ass (ie amazing bribe).
Please read this entire post. To start off, there are three ways to share your story with me:
1) If you already have a success story to tellplease fill out the form at fourhourworkweek.com/success. Easy peasy.
2) If you joined the latest Shopify Build-A-Business Competition that started last year, you can select the “Muse Category” and compete. Read below.
3) If you haven’t yet created a “muse” (automated cash-flow business), keep reading. Things are about to get very interesting for you.
The prizes for sharing are simple: potentially be in my next book, and (if in categories 2 or 3 above) get flown to Richard Branson’s private island for billionaire coaching.
And here’s how it all works…
if you have not joined the latest Shopify Build-A-Business Competition, do this:
- Read The 4-Hour Workweek if you haven’t.
- Still not sure what business to start, or which product to choose? Read this guide from Shopify and then come back to this post.
- Create a new business: Launch an online store with Shopify by using this link. You *must* use this link or I can’t track you properly.
- Start selling, change your life, and keep records: After the eight-month competition, Shopify will calculate your best two months of sales. From there, based on a $5K-per-month minimum, Shopify will compile a list of 20 finalists. Tim Ferriss and his magic elves will judge each of the 20 finalists using the following criteria: gross sales during the top two months (60% weight), Lifestyle Design (25% weight – ie how much your improve your life), and recording (15% weight – This could include YouTube clips, blog posts, Instagram pics, Twitter , Facebook, Vine, or whatever, but it should track your experiences and lessons learned. Use #4hourlaunch and link back to this blog post.)
- Get support: Use all of the Shopify support resources, how-to guides, and community forums to learn how to grow, grow, grow.
If you’ve already entered the Shopify Build-A-Business Competition, and you want to join the Muse Category:
- Just click this link. Enter your Shopify URL there, and you’ll be added into the Muse Competition.
- Read The 4-Hour Workweek if you haven’t.
- Follow the above steps from “Start selling… ” Same rules and criteria apply.
The Prizes (For Those Building Businesses and Competing):
For all competitors who sign up:
- Private Facebook group. On February 15, 2015 at 5pm ET, Shopify will send me a list of all the email addresses of people who’ve signed up. Each person will then be invited to an exclusive and private “Muse” Facebook group, where I’ll also make occasional appearances. It’s free, but you must sign up by Feb 15 at 5pm ET to be invited.
For the ultimate winners:
- 5 days of mentorship on Necker Island, Richard Branson’s private island in the British Virgin Islands
- A private jet from New York to Necker Island. Shopify will also cover the cost of getting you to NYC.
- You can invite a guest (!)and their costs are similarly covered.
- You’ll be joined by 5 other winners, and you’ll be mentored by Tim Ferriss, Sir Richard Branson, Daymond John (founder of FUBU), and Marie Forleo. You will get plenty of one-on-one time with every mentor.
- Complimentary nearly-everything: meals and drinks, as well as all the island has to offer, including water sports, tennis, pools, and jacuzzi.
- Seth Godin will hold an private group workshop on the island.
- And many other surprises!
- you must enter your Shopify store into the competition no later than March 31, 2015. obviously, good to get started ASAP. Just click the damn link and get started. If not now, then when?
- Last day to generate sales for the competition: May 31, 2015
- Entrants must have opened a Shopify store after June 1, 2014 in order to be eligible
- The competition is open to legal residents in any one of the United States, excluding Arizona, Maryland, Vermont, Delaware, Louisiana and Montana (sorry!). The competition is also open to legal residents of the District of Columbia, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Spain and Canada.
- BUT — Even if you’re not eligible for the Branson-related trip, you can still join the Shopify competition, get support, and join the private Facebook group!
Videos, Just for Fun:
Ready for the adventure of a lifetime? Sign up here and get started!
Look forward to raising a drink with you on Necker 🙂
Related and Recommended
The Tim Ferriss Show is one of the most popular podcasts in the world with more than 700 million downloads. It has been selected for “Best of Apple Podcasts” three times, it is often the #1 interview podcast across all of Apple Podcasts, and it’s been ranked #1 out of 400,000+ podcasts on many occasions. To listen to any of the past episodes for free, check out this page.